I guess i don't hate the marathon, but i would hate to run the marathon. Why? Because i hate running, period!
Umphh . . .
Ok - how and when did i get here ( writing this post, to be exact)?
Hmmm . . . That's the easy part - it's called losing a bet or should i say my chance of winning is nil.
Well i would like to write this to anyone and everyone that cares to read. However, my hope is it reaches everyone that can help me win my bet, but most importantly i hope to win because i would like to prove to myself that people are caring and giving spicies.
Where do i start?
I guess it is good to start with how it all started.
I made a bet with a friend.
The Bet -
It all started between me and a friend arguing about an issue that we're both passionate about. The issue is Child Poverty.
We have both cared about this issue for the longest. But as we always do, we were discussing about what we can do about it. And it all started with me making a GRAND statement.
The statement sounded so simple to me at first and i had come to realize that it wasn't a simple statement.
To make the story short - i said something to the effect of this - "I will recruit a million people to my website so we can create a virtual march on the internet. And i decided to call the march, "Poverty March".
However, my friend thought i was so crazy that, he told me that i was so obsessed with the issue that my common sense was being over-clouded by it.
Next Step . . .
A simple conversation turned out to be a full out war - - - a bet, in this case.
So was born the "Poverty March" Campaign. Poverty March Campaign is simply a campaign to raise about awareness on child poverty by virtually marching on the internet. People simply put their name on the "poverty March" Campaign site, until we achieve the 1 million target.
Once, we reach the 1 million target, the goal of the "Poverty March" Campaign would have been a dream come true for an average guy who had no fame yet took it upon himself to introduce the crime of child poverty to a million people. But i ran into a serious problem - literally.
The Problem? I Bit 26 Miles More Than I Can Chew -
In the middle of a heated conversation i took upon a daring bet. The Bet? If i can't achieve the goal of 1 million people i had set out for the "Poverty March" Campaign, i will run the New York Marathon.
I didn't know how long the New York Marathon was nor did i know how tough it is to run ANY marathon. But now, i am aware of what i got into very well, and honestly i don't want to run the New York Marathon.
So far, things don't look good. I have some ideas on how i can promote and raise awareness about the "Poverty March" Campaign, but 1 million people? Looking at the mountain i had built myself to climb, i am not sure - AT ALL.
I guess, stay tuned. What the heck.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment